Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I Need Music

Today, I wore the dress that Oaxaca loves.

You're probably wondering what that means. Well, let me explain it to you - - - I have this dress that I love. It's blue on the bottom, white on the top. It's cute, and hits me about 4 inches above the knee. It's not a flashy dress, or a sexy dress.

It's just a dress.

But it is a magical, compliment, attention seeking dress that would make the ugliest of humans feel like the most beautiful...because without fail, every time I exit the house in this dress, I am overwhelmed by comments and compliments and cat-calls and "hey girls" and more.

It's really freaking weird.

But that's the dress I chose to wear today, and let's be honest...it was good for my self esteem. And I needed a power dress because I definitely slept through my alarm - I definitely had to eat a banana for breakfast while bolting to school - I didn't didn't get to take a shower or put on makeup in the morning .... so I felt gross.

But I looked awesome.

And school was alright, too. I think my favorite part was laying in the sun after class, doing my homework. I like homework. I like the sun. I like being able to study around my teachers so that they can answer my questions.

After I finished my homework, I was able to take myself home and eat something.
Oh how I miss my Martita....she cooks better than I ever will.
After eating (vegetables and tortillas), I took a shower. The water in my new apartment gets warm really fast.

Then, I spent some time on my computer - walked to the school - met up with friends - drank a fruit drink - walked to the Cafe and tried to study - came home.

Now I've been home, vegging out and chatting with folks. Sometimes, it's nice to just do that.





No comments: