Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday, Monday.

What is there to say about Monday?

Well, it started off with suffering through class, but leaving early and seeing a doctor. But despite that small hurdle, the day was - of course - a success.

I really enjoyed class today because it challenged my thinking. We were actually learning concepts and ideas (specific to language) that I hadn't learned before. It stopped feeling like review, and turned into education.

At least for me. And, of course, every day - no matter what - I'm always learning new ways of saying things, or new vocabulary.

But it was exciting to practice using a new concept, and I also enjoyed the game we played where we had to describe a person in a picture (on an iPad) using the imperfect, and the person holding the picture had to guess who it was based on the description.

After leaving the school, I went home for a lay down and some lunch.

Lunch was a plate full of easy vegetables. Good for my sick little body. Dinner was definitely an antibiotic, and a cup of potato chips. Haha. Sometimes, you just need to eat the freakin' chips on the street, okay?

Anyway, after lunch was mask making class (for the day of the dead!) which was pretty exciting. We had to have our faces lathered in vaseline, and then these adhesives were molded around our faces....to form the beginning of our masks. It was especially entertaining hearing the boys cry in pain as they tried to remove the adhesive/masks from their beards.

The evening consisted of Francis and I looking for a laundromat (I can pick up my clothes on Wednesday), stopping in an intensely awesome shop with politically geared art/clothing (I bought a shirt & button), running into Jack (a guy from school), and eating potato chips in the Zocalo.

But, the highlight of the day was what I am going to call the "movie moment." I was crossing the street near the hospital when a man made eye contact with me. He said hola and I said hola and kept walking. I expected that to be the end of our interactions. A passing moment between strangers - like the gajillions of passing moments we have with people every day.

But then, about 3 minutes later, I feel a tap on my shoulder. Standing behind me is the man from the crosswalk. He wanted to know who I was.

Awesome. :)

Let's see what Tuesday brings!


1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

I'm just glad you're okay!