Sunday, May 8, 2011

This Blog SHOULD Be About Mother's Day....Instead....

I am sitting on my boyfriend's couch...and I am feeling totally defeated.

I managed to hit my head hard enough on the freezer door to make myself throw up. Not to mention the dizziness when I stand, the strange pressure in my right ear, the shooting pain that visits my head and face in 20 seconds intervals...the eyes that won't completely focus, and the goose egg lump under my hair.

Freezer door: you have defeated me.

It doesn't help that I have a list of ailments pages longer than years I am old.

Un-curable blind spot in my left eye: You have defeated me.
Shoulder pain and muscle resistance that not even a physical therapist can fix: You have defeated me.
Achilles tendon that is too short: You have defeated me.
Endometriosis: You have defeated me.
Celiac Disease: You have defeated me.
Arrhythmia: You have defeated me.
Low Blood Pressure: You have defeated me.
Vitamin D that will not stay in my body: You have defeated me.
Potassium levels that are deathly low, even though I eat more potassium than a monkey in a Banana jungle: You have defeated me.
Soon-to-be-diagnosed-therefore-remaining-nameless ailments: You have defeated me.

Self esteem and self image: You have been defeated. I surrender.

On a positive note, I have a wonderful mother who I love dearly who I know loves me even if I am totally defeated and depleted.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Nikki you are not defeated you are AMAZING!! I sure love you and hope that your goose bump is gone. Loved reading your blog. Hope all is going well and that we can see you at the upcoming family reunion. Take care and know that we love you!! Aunt Christine

Mitchell Hansen said...

Ha hansen zong to nikki. I almost fell on the ground laughing at this, i am sorry and hope that you soon will defeat a disease. Come back to Utah soon or maybe i will have to fly to the land of 10000 lakes.