Monday, May 23, 2011

Family - Blog 1: My Dad

Dads are special. They teach you how to hold a hammer, build a fence, pitch a tent, not to play with fire and how hit a ball. They teach you how to be a graceful winner/loser, weed the back yard and use a leaf blower. Dads teach you how to budget your allowance, take you to scouts or daddy - daughter dances.

My dad taught me how to play well with others. He taught me the conditions under which it is okay to hit my siblings ("Dad! Kam is hitting me!" .... "Hit him back!") and when you shouldn't tattle on people. He taught me how to dance (no one dances quite like my dad!) and he taught me how to use chopsticks. My dad passed down his love for vampires, pizza, The Beatles, Elvis and Aerosmith to me.

My dad taught me how to harmonize. He taught me how to shop. He supports my decisions even when he doesn't agree with them.

My dad loves me, and I love him.




No comments: