Thursday, May 26, 2011

Family - Blog 3: My Older Brother

The relationship I have with my older brother is strange...to say the least. We struggled to get along throughout our childhoods. I tattled too much. He unplugged the phone when I was trying to talk to my friends. We yelled at each other. I cried. He ignored me, I ignored him. I think we even went a good 4 years where we didn't talk to each other at all (but mostly because we were just so consumed with ourselves that we didn't bother to make the time to try and have a relationship).

But, despite our many conflicts, he has always been what an older brother should be. He got on my nerves (like an older brother should), he had cute friends (like an older brother should), he punched his friend in the face for making a rude comment to me (like an older brother should). He even played barbies with me once. When we weren't fighting, he always made me laugh.

These days he amazes me by his ability to eat 7 adult meal servings in a single sitting...somehow managing to turn all those calories into muscle. He has a peculiar sense of humor and his laugh is contagious. He always has advice if you need it. He's quick to apologize, too. He's a good friend, a handsome son of a gun and exactly what an older brother should be... and I love him!




1 comment:

Jake and Danica said...

can i say i LOVE your ninja turtle costumes? :)