Friday, February 12, 2010

My words for Jamie Patel

Dear Jamie,

You have been a light in my life since the day we met. Do you remember that day? I do. I decided you looked like a power ranger - and that's what I've called you ever since. Power Ranger Patel. I remember the ice fight, and the scolding I got from Decker later. You've always had my back, even when I was getting into trouble.

Thank you for driving me to and from seminary. Thanks for driving from Atsugi base to talk to me when I just needed a friend. Thank you for trading music with me!

You, Jamie, were the best brother a girl could have asked for. I'm so glad we got to have the moments we had. Remember when Katlin and I "heart attacked" your tan little junker of a car? :) You had hearts in there for months!

And thank you for that New Year's experience. I'm sorry I fell asleep during firefly. I tried to stay awake! The fry-du was a blast, thank you for sharing your AZ family with me. Thanks for sharing stupid picture messages with me. Wasn't that great? I was so worried you'd be hurt by those big tractors. Remember that one picture you sent me? The one where you're pretending to be smashed by a tractor tire? :) You make me laugh so much. You will always make me laugh.

I'm glad we got to do the hike up the Superstitions together. That's a memory I'll cherish forever. What a great day. What a great everything. I'll never forget how you used to call me to wake me up =] make sure I was getting ready for the day. Always checking in on me, making sure there wasn't anyone who you needed to hurt.

I love all the pranks we pulled on people, especially at your mission reunion! That was the best - pretending you were engaged :) hahahah. We fooled just about everyone then - didn't we? And thanks for introducing Sean into my life. He's been a great friend and a reliable friend. He's been a pillar I can lean on, and we've been doing a lot of leaning lately. Thanks for the conference bingo at my house :) Thank you for sharing your light with me.

I have so many more things I have to tell you though, there are things you will love me and hate me for :) as is usual. But I also have questions - who will I run to when I need a big brother now? Who will I tell "get all 100's - be good - don't embarrass the family.... and get out of my car!!!" That was for us - Jamie. :/

I'm going to miss you so much. I can't wait until the joyous, happy reunion we will have in the next life.

Until then I'll be praying for you. I'll be praying for your wife Jessie. I'll be praying for you family - and I'll always always always carry you in my heart.

I love you Jamie!

- Nikki

--------------

I remember time
I remember days slid into you
Filled in lifetimes thinking you'd be here
But tomorrow and today
Well they misunderstood
And you went along your way
I think you're gone for good

You are the sun gone down
You are the sky
You are the moon rushed round
You are good bye
You are good good bye

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

That was beautiful Nikki. You are so good at putting feelings into words. I am not. I'm glad you got your dad's talent for that. Jamie will be missed, but we will all see him again on the other side, in "the paradise". It will be wonderful for us all....CTR, make all 100's, don't embarass the family....now get out of my car!