Wednesday, February 5, 2014

You Like Me.

Hey Again - Rosa here (escribí en español, también),

So the last few days have been pretty exciting. I've discovered my newfound love of all-things-fabric. Cloths, towels, blankets, pet beds, old slippers...if you let me have it, I will carry it around and chew on it.

I really like carrying things around. Bags of banana grams, toys, my piddle pad...I have no purpose for doing it other than that it is fun to take it from one side of the room to the other, and watch my foster mom put everything back (and then I do it again, it's awesome).

I've started eating more than just kibble pancakes. Today, I ate an organic chicken and rice meal. Sure, it came from a can, but lots of tasty things come in cans: refried beans, pasta sauce, corn...in fact, I didn't even want my kibble pancake. I suppose you could say my palate is expanding.

I have also honed a new skill: begging. If my foster parents decide to eat in the living room...I just sit there and stare at them. And I keep staring. And then I try to smell whatever it is they're eating. I give them the saddest, longest look...and they just won't budge. They will not share with me. They are hardened to my fuzzy stares.

Soulless humans.

Speaking of truly soulless humans, I think the person in charge of keeping me locked up in a cage and having puppies all the time probably looks a lot like my foster dad...because whenever he comes near me, I get really scared. I don't like him to pet me or be near me. I am starting to figure out that he's not actually the same person who did all those terrible things to me, but I think it's going to take me a while to warm up to him.

I love my foster mom, though. I follow her everywhere...and have even started letting her pet my head. I just walk right up when she puts her hand out (which I didn't do before yesterday). I like being scratched behind the ears, and under the chin. Sometimes we even play on the floor together.

Otherwise, things are good. The whole family has had a cold - and my foster brother, Iggy, caught a mouse (a live one!!) in the duplex upstairs! He let it go though. I personally don't think he knew what he was doing. Silly cats...

- Rosa.






--- 

Hola! Rosa aquí.

He tenido algunas aventuras en los últimos días. He descubierto mi preferencia para jugar con cosas hechas de tela: las toallas, mantas, y servilletas...si me das algo de tela, la llevaré desde cuarto a cuarto y masticarla.

Me gusta llevar cosas. Bolsas, juguetes, mis papeles de entrenamiento...
Los llevo a través del cuarto y después - miro mientras mi mamá limpia y arregla el cuarto otra vez.
Después de mi mamá limpiar, hago otro desastre. Es muy divertido.

He empezado comer más que kibble pancakes. Hoy, comí pollo y arroz...sí, estuvo en una lata, pero muchas cosas deliciosas están en latas: frijoles, salsa de tomate, sopa... de verdad, no quería mi pancake, ni un poco. Pienso que estoy ampliando mi paladar.

Además, he aprendido algo nuevo: pedir la comida. Si mi familia come en lo mismo cuarto que yo...me siento y miro fijamente (y continuo a mirar fijamente). Me pongo una cara muy triste y patética, pero nunca - nunca - comparten conmigo.

Gente sin alma!

Mientras estoy pensando en gente sin alma...la persona que me guardó en una jaula desde hace 6 años probablemente pareció a mi papá adoptivo; esta la digo porque cada vez mi papá quiere acariciarme o jugar conmigo, me pone muy asustada. Estoy aprendiendo que Matt no es lo mismo hombre, pero va a tomar más tiempo hasta puedo confiar en él....

Al otro lado...mi mamá es mi mejor amiga! La sigo en todas partes...y la he dado permisión para acariciarme detrás de las orejas. Cuando dice mi nombre, camino a ella (no hice esta hasta ayer). A veces, jugamos en el piso.

Cosas aquí están muy bien. Bueno...toda la familia está enferma pero no es serio. Y mi hermano - el gato - Iggy agarró un ratón. Nunca antes había agarrado nada. Pensamos que Iggy no tenía ninguna idea sobre lo que hizo. Gato tonto...

XoXo
Rosa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just love these posts! She's so cute and has a sweet personality. I hope she'll like us!!! We already love her. xox