Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Letter by Rosa

Hey friends,

My name is Rosa. I'm 6 years old, and I kind of look like a mop. Sometimes, it looks like I'm biting my lip like I'm unimpressed, but really...I'm just missing my teeth and I can't help it. At least I'm not like some of those other dogs who always have their tongues sticking out (not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not a look I feel like partaking in).

My snout is unreasonably small and velvety. I'm totally cool with you petting it. I also have long, floppy ears that scare me...and when I shake my head I think there are things flying around it. I try to catch them, but then I realize they are my ears...and I get really embarrassed.

This is me playing after getting scared by my ears:


Usually if that happens I'll go find a toy and start tossing it up into the air and chasing it so that no one knows I was afraid of my own ears. I like playing with stuffed mice and a tiny santa stocking. I also like my monster-puppy. If you touch it, I will give you a concerned look. Just because it's ugly doesn't mean it shouldn't be loved.

I went outside a few times today. It was warmer than the last two days...but it was stilly cold. I took a few steps, but then I sat down. My foster mom brought the piddle pad out with us, but I just looked at it. I am not sure why she thinks it would be fun for me to pee out there.

I mean, I don't see her doing the same.
I'm perfectly content with the piddle pad.
I also really like spending time in my bed....like...most of my time. But mom gets me out and tries to make me cuddle with her on the couch. I like this, too. I like being carried around more than anything, though. After a good "carrying" session, I run around with my tail wagging...I eat all my food, I smell the cats, and then I go back to bed.

Also, I snore. I've been told I sound like a person when I snore. They cats find this interesting, and they come to stare at me. I really like them, and tried to cuddle with them on the couch today...but they weren't interested. I hope they learn to like me soon because I think it'd be really nice for us to all hang out together.

Oh...I've been watching Vampire Diaries over the last few days. It's been cold and foster mom has had free time...my personal favorite is Damon. Whenever he comes on screen, I stop napping and look at the computer.

This is me watching Netflix:


I don't like it when people stand over me in a domineering manner, and I really like it if you call my name from another room so that I can run in there...but when I see you, I'll high tail it back to my bed and start throwing my toys around.

I really like my name, and I am confused whether or not I speak English or Spanish. Maybe both?
One thing I know is that I'm really happy, and I'm starting to feel really comfortable in this house with my people and cats.

Good night,
Rosa (AKA Rosita, CaluRosa, Rosalina, Rosalinda, RosaChica)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuute!!!!

Liz c: said...

Tell me why i just spent almost an hour reading this c: lol i wish dogs could talk now :p i was interrupted by food consumers

Unknown said...

Rosa wants to come play with Samson, a new friend! Adorable!

Jake and Danica said...

I love this. Rosa is a very good writer. :)