Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Way The World Turns



The world knows him as Wiz Khalifa.
There are a few of us who know him by a different name: Cameron Thomaz.

It was brought to my attention this morning that this particular Cameron Thomaz was the same one I attended 6th grade with at Arnn Elementary School in Japan.

My initial reaction was a loud laugh. I thought, "No way. It can't possibly be the same kid." I did my fair share of googling and wiki'ing just to be sure...and then I noticed, in a picture, the scar on his arm. He told me about that scar one day when we were kids. He got in a bike accident and his arm went through a window. They had to graft skin (from his butt/thigh) onto his arm.

I bet you didn't know that about Wiz Khalifa :)

Another fun fact: his family got 2 puppies when we were in the 6th grade. One was named Nikki (just like me!) and the other one was named "G" because (in the words of Cameron himself) "That's how much they cost."

It's fun to see that he has reached success in his life. He was a nice kid, and a good friend. He is a great example of how anyone can achieve their goals. Congrats Cam! We're all rooting for you :)

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

It's cool to see someone you know from school become successful. Good for him!!! Go Cam! :)