Sunday, April 11, 2010

You don't have to stop at 3, you can go to 10.

Sometimes, unexplainable and unavoidable things happen.

When these things happen - what do we do? Do we panic? Do we fill our hearts with hate and our thoughts with madness? At first, it seems like those are the only two emotions we could possibly ever feel in such a situation. But then, you take a step back. It's so much harder to be angry about things you cannot fix or explain. It's so much more work to continuously feel hurt, betrayed or whatever the feeling may be.

I will be the first to admit that I have a very hard time letting things go - but I'm coming to the realization that the things, situations and people that are out to hurt you and out to get you aren't even worth the time and effort it takes into being upset at them.

Today, I am thanking God for my blessings in all of their various forms. Today, I am going to look at the world through my spiritual eyes and not my worldly eyes. Today I understand that this life is temporary and a better life is waiting for me. I am going to try and rid myself of the feelings of contention- I am filling my heart and actions with good intentions. It's times like these where I am glad to have the compass of the gospel in my life. I cannot imagine how I would get myself through my most trying times without it.

Today I am thankful for the people who lift me up.
Today I am thankful to be blessed with "divine DNA" from our creator that allows me to act in a way pleasing to our father in heaven.

Today- I am trying to be like Jesus.
And if it turns out in the end that God is all I have, that's fine. God is all I need.

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

You are an amazing young woman....this I know FOR SURE! Keep your chin up. I love you! Mom