Monday, November 9, 2009

Teenage Drama

I wrote this when I was like...15. It's not really meant to make much sense unless you know the exact situation I'm talking about. I found it and thought I'd put it in here, just in case I ever want to look at it again!

--------

I use to try hard to hold back the tears
I've kept them suppressed for so many years
You walked out the door, and we don't know why

I guess this time it's okay to cry.

You took our hearts and walked away.
I don't want to miss you today.

Can you come back?
I swear I'll forgive you
Just come home.
We don't want to miss you.

You're not the same person we used to know
You used to love us, but now you don't
I remember days when you used to care.

I have a fear I'll be just like you
Emotionally lost and no clue what to do
Eventually "mine" will write about me
wishing for me to be who I used to be

- And maybe it will save me.

No comments: