Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We all have secrets. At some point in every day we are force to stop and look inside ourselves and find a way to lock in the monsters, the dark passengers, the demons, the secrets, the things we fear. We put on masks and pretend that these shadows don't exist. Of course, when the day ends and we are left in silence once again, they creep up on us and we are forced to deal with these secrets.

My demons, my shadow, my dark passengers - they follow me. I fight them constantly. They whisper their word daggers into my soul and I can only pray that they pass straight through me instead of sticking around. Under my mask I have stuffed anxiety, fear, guilt, disgust, distrust and my self esteem. Many times, I have determined the outcome of a situation before it has even happened. I assume what YOU are thinking, and I assume what your motives are.

At this point your probably thinking "You are a sociopathic serial killer."

Wrong.

I just got the "freaky" end of the "life stick."
So how do we function?
Do we let the multiple fears speak for us? Do we silence our facades and free the shadows and the monsters?

-------

My shadows and my fears
gathering on the floor
fighting amongst themselves.

Please, kill each other this time.
Things will finally be quiet.

No comments: