Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 List of Champions

For whatever reason, I really hate the word "resolution." So here's a list of things I'm interested in accomplishing this year - but if for whatever reason I don't get around to any or all of them, I won't be a huge failure or anything like that.

1. Read (at least) 36 novels this year. *Some of you reading this are probably freaking out. This is an average of 3 books a month. For me, this is a piece of cake. I started this goal on Jan 1. It's Jan 8, and I'm already finished with my 3rd book. I've read over 1000 pages in the last week. I just rock that way.  

2. Travel outside of the country once this year. This goal is to appease my insatiable appetite for travel and my secret desire to be a runaway. 

3. Try 2 new things that I'd otherwise be afraid to try *like parasailing, hiking a volcano, speaking my mind at a staff meeting, travelling alone or speaking Spanish to a native speaker.

4. Find ways to be more social. So far, I'm failing at this goal.

5. Write in my journal at least once a month. I stole this goal from a friend. It is pretty good.

6. Live in the moment. I get easily overwhelmed by my anxieties over every.little.thing. I think keeping my nose stuck in a book at every moment of the day instead will help to keep me distracted. 

7. Create something beautiful. A piece of art, music, etc.

8. Help someone or something in a meaningful way (human, animal or environmental).

9. Tell people what I really think about them instead of just saying it behind their backs. If it's important enough for me to say it, I might as well say it to your face.

10. Become less afraid of doorknobs and telephones. You may laugh - but I have serious issues with both. 

No comments: