Saturday, November 5, 2011

We're Wonder Pets, and We'll Help You.



I have an immature obsession with The Wonder Pets.
No. I do not have kids. Yes, I am working on my masters degree. No, it is not in early childhood education.

I just really really love The Wonder Pets!
I mean, a guinea pig, a duckling and a turtle get in a flying-boat to save other animals who needs their help!?

It's so innocent.

Their biggest emphasis is actually team work. There isn't a secret message hidden in the show. No secret political jokes, no age inappropriate content, no over stimulating special effects....and: no one is trying to indoctrinate your kids! It's so straight forward (ok, sure maybe there is a note or two every once in a while about recycling so that the baby dolphin doesn't need to be rescued again).

Anyway, I love this silly show, and watch it from time to time, despite the fact that I am a grown adult. The characters are hilarious, the story line is basic but manages to keep me laughing the entire time.

1 comment:

Jake and Danica said...

I love you :) and I think all little kids should watch shows that teach about recycling and teamwork. What's wrong with teaching your kids those? I'll tell you: absolutely nothing. :D (in fact, most of society needs a brush-up course)