Friday, January 21, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies

Girl Scout Cookies have been a touchy subject for me since I my Celiac diagnosis. I miss the days of hoarding boxes of Thin Mints, Tagalongs and Samoas in my freezer. Because I can feel the cookie season coming around the corner, I decided to go out on a limb and try something new: Gluten Free "Girl Scout" Cookies.

My first set: Thin Mints. They looked the easiest (and the cheapest) to make. I was happily surprised with the outcome. They turned out crispy on the inside, and chocolatey on the outside - and if I don't eat all 44 of them today... I can even hoard them in my freezer to enjoy at a later date. I've posted some pictures. The first is of the completely cooled cookies (the final product! yum!) - the two in the middle are of the cookies just after being dipped and the last one is just the cookie - no chocolate.



4 comments:

PLANET HANSEN said...

yum! You need to write a gluten free cook book with your recipes!!

Laura said...

Those look divine. I'm drooling right now!!

Geevz said...

No way! I totally made some girls scout cookies too! If you can make a gluten free shortbread, you can make them all. The samoas are my fav.

You know, now that I think about it, I think I read this post awhile ago. It may have subconsciously led to my own baking endeavor. Thank you.

Geevz said...

Ok I looked at your blog again to find the recipe for my celiac friend and there is none! Can you facebook the recipe to me? pretty please? It will make a gluten free pregnant momma very happy!