Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Secret Life of a Celiac

I've deleted my "Secret Life of a Celiac" blog and will, instead, be posting my gluten-free cooking adventures here.

I was at the grocery store yesterday looking at all the gluten free flours.

Buckwheat.
Sorghum.
Potato.
Coconut.
Brown Rice.
White Rice.
Oat.
Corn.
Bean, and more...

As I stared at these flours I felt an overwhelming desire to purchase them all, and start going to town on brownie, cookie, cake and pie crust recipes.

I resisted that urge, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to hold out. I want to find the perfect gluten free recipes for the following:
brownies
pie crust
canales
cupcakes
pastry dough

If that means I have to make a tray of brownies every day for a month, then I guess that is what I'll have to do!! It's a shame you all don't live closer so I could test these products on you :)

2 comments:

PLANET HANSEN said...

no kidding! The kids would love it!

Jake and Danica said...

remind me to send you my Orange-Pancake recipie! :) It's muy delicioso (my spanish sucks....lol)